Call us today: 303-371-1822

한국어 | Español | Português

Some H-4 Visa Holders to Receive Employment Authorization

USCIS has announced that it will extend employment authorization to some non-immigrants in H-4 visa status. This is very welcome news for spouses of some H-1B visa holders.

Beginning May 26, 2015, some H-4 visa holders will be granted employment authorization. To qualify, the H-4 visa holder must be married to an H-1B visa holder. In addition, the H-1B visa holder must either be the beneficiary of an approved Form I-140 visa petition, or they must be the beneficiary of a labor certification that has been pending for more than one year.

While this program was discussed as President Obama’s executive action announcement, this regulation was proposed in May 2014.

USCIS estimates that up to 179,600 people may benefit from this program in the first year and approximately 55,000 will benefit each year following.

Kolko & Associates Attorneys to Participate in Lob...
Federal Judge Issues Temporary Halt to Implementat...

Related Posts

By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to

K & C Monthly Newsletter

Please sign up for our monthly Email Newsletter.

Office Location and Directions

Kolko & Casey, P.C.
5251 South Quebec Street
Suite 200
Greenwood Village, Colorado 80111

Call us today:

Connect with us

© 2022 Kolko & Casey, P.C.
Disclaimer | Sitemap

Kolko & Casey, P.C. is a full service immigration and naturalization law firm providing professional legal services to individuals and businesses throughout Colorado, the Rocky Mountain West, the United States, and the World. Our professional staff speaks English, Spanish, Korean, and Portuguese and we can arrange for translators in any other language.